Ideally located across from Avalon Beach and reserve, this innovative, modernist beach house was built in the 1950s and was last traded over 60 years ago. There are three compelling features that set the residence apart from the standard post-war build: size, space, and privacy. This is a unique family home that incorporates contemporary design themes well before its time - it was conceived with a fluid, open plan layout and straight-line build, oriented to capture all day sunshine.
The upper level offers great entertaining space with the bonus of a highly versatile ground floor area that has been utilised as an artists' studio, teen retreat and workshop.
The main floor is exceptionally generous in scale and joined by a sun-drenched front terrace; the kitchen is spacious and open plan, while the family bathroom features a vintage pedestal sink and bath. Two of the 3 bedrooms include built-in robes, and the master has a separate entrance. A large rear terrace spills out to a fully enclosed backyard - fantastic for the kids with well-established gardens and trees.
The position couldn't be better - it's a two-minute stroll to Avalon Beach, and village amenities are mere steps from the door. This has been a well-loved home for many years; it's now ready for a new family with a fresh, creative eye to see all the opportunities within.
- Superb floor plan for a young family in a sought-after village setting
- Set directly across from Avalon Beach and Reserve, on 645sqm parcel
- Innovative design employing straight-line' architectural concepts
- Entire main level is filled with natural light; timber floors throughout
- Versatile ground level - a wonderful getaway for creatives
- Sunny front sunroom and terrace, elevated to capture beautiful ocean breezes
- Large backyard is fully fenced; includes alfresco terrace
- Large laundry with 2nd toilet and shower
- Separate ground floor workshop, studio, single garage + loads of storage
- Easy walking distance to all pre-school, primary and high school,
- Close to public transport and village amenities
0411 553 308
3 2 2